These pretty Roasted Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Walnut Canapés are easy to put together.
Roasted Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Walnut Canapés
Yield: 24 canapés • Preparation: 15 minutes • Refrigerate: 4 hours
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, divided
- 11 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package croustades, such as Siljans
- Garnish: watercress
- Using paper towels, blot dry ½ cup roasted peppers.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine peppers, goat cheese, walnuts, and cream, pulsing until well blended. Refrigerate in a covered container until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Lay remaining peppers on a cutting board, reserving liquid in jar. Using a linzer-type flower-shaped cutter, cut 24 flowers from peppers. Place in a covered container with enough liquid from jar to cover. Refrigerate until needed. (Blot dry before using as garnish.)
- Place cheese mixture in a piping bag fitted with a medium open-star tip (Wilton #32). Pipe a decorative swirl into each croustade.
- Garnish each canapé with a pepper flower and a watercress sprig, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- • Cheese mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container. Pepper flowers can be cut a day in advance and refrigerated in a covered container.
- • Assemble croustades just before serving since shells will become soggy over time. If croustades are not available, pipe mixture onto a cracker, and garnish as suggested.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/