Why roast fruit? To intensify its natural sweetness, of course! While this recipe is intended for use in conjunction with our Roasted Strawberry Scones, it will work as a topping for ice cream or pudding, too.
Serves: approximately ⅓ cup
If you plan to use these Roasted Strawberries as a condiment, be sure to reserve and serve any juices that result during the roasting process.
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved (quartered, if strawberries are large)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- • Preheat oven to 375°.
- In an 8-inch square glass baking dish, gently toss together strawberries, sugar, and vanilla bean paste. Arrange strawberries in a single layer.
- Bake until strawberries are very soft and fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes. Let strawberries cool to room temperature in baking dish. Remove strawberries onto a cutting surface. Roughly chop strawberries. Place strawberries on paper towels to remove excess moisture before using.