Enjoy the strong savory flavors of rosemary, parmesan, and black pepper with these delicious Rosemary-Parmesan Scones.
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1½ cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- Garnish: freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese, stirring to blend. Add 1 cup cream, stirring until mixture comes together. (If mixture seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is uniformly moist.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 11 scones from dough. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon cream.
- Garnish scones with a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Bake until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/