This classic Russian Almond Tea Cakes are a sweet delight.
Russian Almond Tea Cakes
Yield: 27 cookies • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 14 minutes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter by hand, stirring vigorously. Add ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar and almond extract, stirring well. Add flour and salt, stirring until well combined. Add almonds, stirring well. Using a small (2-teaspoon) cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookie edges are light brown, approximately 14 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet while warm, and roll in remaining ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks. Roll in confectioners’ sugar again before serving, if desired.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!