Serve these delectable Salmon-Asparagus Tea Sandwiches with delicious Dijon-Chive Butter. Tea sandwiches pictured with Tomato-Bacon-Watercress Canapés.
- 12 spears fresh asparagus
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 very thin slices white bread
- Dijon-Chive Butter (recipe follows)
- 12 thin slices smoked salmon
- 12 fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange asparagus spears on prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast until spears are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread slices. Cut each bread slice into 3 (3×1-inch) rectangles.
- Spread a layer of Dijon-Chive Butter onto all bread pieces. Place salmon slices, folding or ruffling to fit, on 12 buttered bread rectangles. Top with remaining bread rectangles, butter side down.
- Using a sharp knife, cut asparagus spears to fit length of sandwiches. Lay an asparagus spear on top of each sandwich. Tie each sandwich with a chive, trimming ends to fit.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until serving time.
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- In a small bowl, stir together butter mustard and chives until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!