Cream cheese, sour cream, and horseradish root combine to create delectable Salmon Petits Toasts. Pictured with Cucumber Canapés with Dilled Butter.
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground horseradish root
- ¹⁄8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 15 petits toasts, such as Trois Petits Cochons
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine salmon, cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish root, and white pepper. Pulse until well blended and smooth. Transfer mixture to a covered container, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Just before serving, let mixture soften briefly at room temperature for ease of piping. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open-star tip (Wilton #1M), and pipe onto toasts in an upright fashion.
- Serve immediately.
From TeaTime March/April 2017
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!