This savory sandwich is loaded with layers of charcuterie, Tomme de Savoie cheese (a classic Alpine selection), and cornichons.
Sandwiches au Jambon
Serves: Approximately 12
- 1 long thin baguette
- 2 tablespoons salted European-style butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2½ ounces Tomme de Savoie cheese, thinly sliced and rinds removed
- 6 ounces Jambon de Paris
- 2 ounces uncured salami
- 12 cornichons, cut in half lengthwise
- Wooden picks
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard ends of baguette, cutting at a diagonal angle. Cut baguette in half lengthwise. Open baguette, placing cut sides up. Spread butter evenly on both cut sides of bread. Spread Dijon mustard over butter. On bottom half of baguette, layer cheese, Jambon de Paris, and salami. Top with halved cornichons, cut sides down. Cover with top half of baguette. Use toothpicks to hold sandwich together.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, cut whole sandwich at a diagonal into 1½-inch-wide sandwiches, making sure each sandwich has a toothpick to hold it together. Place in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.