In bestselling author Sarah Fox’s new mystery series, when protagonist Sadie Coleman is not working at the Inkwell—her literary-themed pub in the small town of Shady Creek, VT—she can often be found at the Village Bean coffee shop eating one of her favorite carrot muffins. Nettie Jo, the owner of Village Bean, was kind enough to share her secret recipe.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 420°. Line a 12-well muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together applesauce, sugar, and oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, add them to the egg mixture, and mix well. Fold in the grated carrots. Fill the wells of the muffin pan to the top.
- When you place the muffin pan in the oven, reduce the heat to 375°, and bake for approximately 18 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes. Take the muffins out of the pan and allow to cool before serving.
You can find these other delicious recipes in Wine and Punishment!
- Huckleberry Gin
- Huckleberry Gin Mocktail
- Happily Ever After Cocktail
About Wine and Punishment
Wine and Punishment is the first installment in USA Today bestselling author Sarah Fox’s engaging new cozy mystery series featuring Sadie Coleman, a book lover who’s recently relocated to the small town of Shady Creek, Vermont, for a fresh start and a new career as the owner of a literary themed pub, The Inkwell. But just as Sadie is settling in and preparing for the town’s much-anticipated Autumn Festival, she finds her new life of book clubs and literary-themed cocktails suddenly on the rocks when a dead body turns up in a nearby creek. Now it’s up to her to find the killer— or face her final chapter!
About the Author
Sarah Fox is the author of the Literary Pub Mystery series, the Music Lover’s Mystery series, and the USA Todaybestselling Pancake House Mystery series. When not writing novels or working as a legal writer, she can often be found reading her way through a stack of books or spending time outdoors with her English Springer Spaniel. Sarah lives in British Columbia and is a member of Crime Writers of Canada. Visit her online at authorSarahFox.com.
For more Cozy Mysteries, visit www.KensingtonCozies.com.