Hot pepper sauce gives this shrimp a little kick.
Shrimp Cocktail Canapés
Write a review
- 3 cups water
- 2¾ teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- ½ pound small/medium (41/50 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely minced celery
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green onion
- 20 round Melba toast crackers
- 20 celery leaves
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning to a boil. Add shrimp to boiling water. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit for 8 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, and place in an airtight container. Refrigerate until cold, 2 to 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, remaining ¾ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, celery, and onion, stirring well.
- When ready to serve, spread ½ teaspoon butter on each cracker. Place a celery leaf and shrimp on top of butter. Brush shrimp lightly with hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/