Bits of endive incorporated into a shrimp salad add welcome crunch to these round tea sandwiches made with thick-sliced potato bread. Shrimp & Endive Salad Tea Sandwiches pictured with our Roast Beef & Horseradish Cream Tea Sandwiches.
Shrimp & Endive Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 24 slices potato bread, frozen
- 1 cup diced cooked shrimp
- ½ cup chopped endive
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12 thin slices tomato*
- Using a 2¼-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from frozen bread slices. To prevent drying out, place bread rounds in a reasealable plastic bag to thaw.
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together shrimp, endive, mayonnaise, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and salt until well combined.
- Divide shrimp salad among mayonnaise side of 12 bread rounds, spreading in an even layer. Place a tomato slice over shrimp mixture. Top each with a remaining bread round, mayonnaise side down. Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Shrimp salad can be made several hours in advance, stored in an airtight container, and refrigerated. Sandwiches can be assembled without tomatoes a few hours in advance, covered with damp paper towels, placed in a covered container, and refrigerated until serving time. Add tomato slices just before serving.