These Smoked Gouda Cups with Brussels Sprouts Slaw are a special treat. Pictured with Succotash-Stuffed Mushrooms.
Smoked Gouda Cups with Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup very finely chopped fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package frozen phyllo cups
- 15 (1-inch) cubes smoked Gouda cheese
- In a jar with a screw-top lid, combine vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and shallot, stirring well. Pour vinaigrette over Brussels sprouts mixture, tossing to coat. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place phyllo cups 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Place a cheese cube in each phyllo cup.
- Bake until cheese melts, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add pecans to slaw, tossing to combine. Fill each phyllo cup with slaw.
- Serve immediately.
From TeaTime September/October 2017