Shrimp, seasoned with paprika, garlic, and lemon juice, curl up on heart-shaped toasted bread slices in Smoked Paprika, Lemon, and Shrimp Canapés.
- 8 slices crusty French bread
- 16 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a 3-x-2-inch heart-shaped cutter, cut shapes from bread. Place on a rimmed baking pan, and toast in oven until crisp, approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Season both sides of shrimp with smoked paprika, garlic salt, and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for approximately 1 minute per side. (Shrimp are done when they are pink and opaque.) Add lemon juice, stirring to deglaze pan. Remove from heat, stirring to coat shrimp with pan sauce.
- Lightly brush each toasted bread slice with pan sauce. Top each with a shrimp.
- Garnish with a parsley leaf, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
From TeaTime January/February 2015
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!