Smoked Salmon Canapés
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cream-style horseradish
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices pumpernickel loaf bread
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon
- Garnish: Sliced radishes, fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cut each pumpernickel slice into 2 (2½×2-inch) rectangles. Spread a thin layer of sour cream mixture onto each rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut smoked salmon into 2-inch strips. Shingle salmon pieces on top of sour cream mixture.
- Garnish with radish and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!