Smoked salmon and thinly sliced radish combine to create Smoked Salmon-Radish Crostini. Smoked Salmon-Radish Crostini pictured with Roasted Carrot & Tarragon Hummus Canapés.
- 6 slices brioche bread, frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon plus ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon plus ⁄a teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- 2 red radishes, very thinly sliced*
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1½-inch square cutter, cut 12 squares from frozen brioche. Place brioche squares on prepared baking sheet. Brush brioche squares with oil, and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until brioche squares (crostini) are golden brown and crisp to the touch, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Use immediately, or store at room temperature in an airtight bag or container for up to a day.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese, dill, horseradish, remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, and remaining ⅛ teaspoon pepper until combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe a small amount of filling onto center of each crostini.
- Using a 1-inch square cutter, cut 12 squares from salmon slices. Place a salmon square on top of filling on each crostini, gently pressing down to adhere. Pipe another dot of filling onto salmon slices.
- Pat radish slices dry with paper towels. Fold radish slices in half, and place 2 slices on top of each crostini, folded edges down, curving slices slightly.
- Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!