Crunchy Brussels sprouts and carrots and tart cranberries add extra flavor to Smoked Turkey and Brussels Sprouts Slaw Tea Sandwiches.
- 2 cups whole fresh Brussels sprouts, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, such as Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Style
- 12 ultrathin slices deli smoked turkey
- In a medium bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, carrot, onion, and cranberries, tossing well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, whisking well. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Add vinaigrette to slaw, stirring until combined. Refrigerate for 4 hours to meld flavors.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim crusts from bread slices, and cut into 4-x-2-inch rectangles. Cover with damp paper towels, and set aside.
- Cut turkey slices into 7-x-2-inch pieces.
- Place 1 turkey slice each on 12 bread rectangles, ruffling and gathering turkey to fit. Top each evenly with slaw and with remaining bread rectangles. (Cover with damp paper towels to keep sandwiches from drying out while assembling remaining sandwiches.)
- Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!