Rosemary and fontina cheese combine to give these Smoked Turkey and Fontina Canapés a smoky, flavorful bite.
- 12 slices whole-wheat bread, frozen
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 24 thin slices seedless cucumber
- 24 thin slices radish
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut 24 circles from frozen bread slices, discarding scraps. Let thaw for 5 minutes.
- Brush both sides of bread circles with melted butter. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place another rimmed baking sheet on top of prepared bread to flatten bread.
- Bake until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine fontina cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, and rosemary. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well combined. Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture on top of each bread round. Divide turkey among prepared bread rounds. Top each with a cucumber slice and a radish slice.
- Transfer remaining cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Pipe a rosette of cheese mixture onto each radish slice.
- Garnish each canapé with a parsley leaf, if desired.
From TeaTime, September/October 2011
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!