Smoky pimiento cheese perfectly flavors these tasty tea sandwiches. Smoky Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Chicken-Chutney Tea Sandwiches.
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded smoked white Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses, pecans, pimiento, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper until blended.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a thin layer onto bread slices. Spread a thick layer of pimiento cheese onto mayonnaise side of 4 bread slices. Cover with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise-side down, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 4 rectangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate until needed, up to 1 hour.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!