These delicious and chocolaty S’mores Pudding Cups are a simple sweet to serve for a children’s tea or savor for a fun afternoon snack. S’mores Pudding Cups pictured with Chocolate-Vanilla Pinwheels.
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: graham cracker pieces*, miniature marshmallows, and Autumn Leaves Wafer Paper**
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup brown sugar, cornstarch, egg, egg yolk, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk and remaining ¼ cup brown sugar to a simmer together over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add half of hot milk mixture to egg mixture, whisking well. Add egg mixture back to saucepan with remaining half of hot milk mixture, whisking until combined. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, butter, and vanilla extract to saucepan, stirring until chocolate and butter melt and mixture is smooth. Spoon chocolate pudding into 12 small heatproof cups. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto pudding surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, remove and discard plastic wrap. Garnish pudding with graham cracker pieces and several marshmallows. Using a handheld kitchen torch, lightly brown marshmallows, if desired. Top with an edible leaf, if desired.
**We used Autumn Leaves Wafer Paper from Fancy Flours, fancyflours.com or 406-587-0118.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!