Chocolatey Snowflake Cake Bites, dipped in ganache and decorated with edible snowflakes, are a pretty holiday treat.
Snowflake Cake Bites
Write a review
- 1¼ cups cake flour
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Semisweet Ganache (recipe follows)
- Garnish: edible snowflakes*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray the wells of a 20-well brownie bite pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisking well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and remaining ½ cup sugar. Beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, and vanilla extract, whisking well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fill wells of pan three-quarters full. Tap pan on countertop to level batter and reduce air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, approximately 12 minutes. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim tops of cake bites level with pan. Turn out onto a wire cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Dip cake bites into Semisweet Ganache, covering cakes completely, and place on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate cake bites until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Just before serving, garnish with edible snowflakes, if desired.
- Store cake bites in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- *We used edible snowflakes from Sweet Déjà Vu, available at sweetdejavu.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/