These charming Spiced Stamped Cookies will be a huge hit with your afternoon tea guests. Spiced Stamped Cookies pictured with Mini Chocolate Cakes.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup bread flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, beating until fully combined. Add vanilla extract, beating until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, and cardamom. With mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well combined.
- Using a levered 1½-teaspoon scoop, portion dough into 24 balls, shaping as needed. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Stamp each dough ball with desired cookie stamps*.
- Bake until bottoms of cookies are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!