Diced pimientos, spicy pecans, and delectable cheeses give delicious flavor to these Spicy Pecan–Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches.
Spicy Pecan–Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup diced pimientos
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped Spicy Pecans (recipe follows)
- 8 slices thin wheat bread, crusts removed
- Garnish: 12 Spicy Pecan halves and fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat together cheeses, mayonnaise, pimientos, and pepper with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, stir in Spicy Pecans. Spread a thick layer of pimiento cheese onto 4 bread slices, reserving some pimiento cheese for garnish, if desired. Cover each with a remaining bread slice.
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut each sandwich into 3 equal rectangles.
- Garnish tea sandwiches with a dollop of pimiento cheese, a Spicy Pecan half, and parsley.
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 200°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, hot sauce, chili powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Add pecan halves, tossing gently to coat.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!