Foccacia bread spread with Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli makes these Springtime Ham Sandwiches full of flavor.
Springtime Ham Sandwiches
Serves: 8 sandwiches
- 1 (11-ounce) loaf focaccia bread
- 1 recipe Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli (recipe follows)
- 24 leaves spring mix lettuce
- 8 slices deli ham
- Using a 2 1⁄2-inch square cutter, cut 8 squares from bread. Cut each square in half horizontally.
- Spread Sun-Dried Aïoli evenly on interior of cut bread. Arrange 3 lettuce leaves atop aïoli on bottom half of each bread square. Arrange ham in a ruffled fashion on top of lettuce leaves. Top with remaining bread squares, aïoli side down. Secure each with a decorative pick*.
- Serve immediately.
We used Talisman Designs Party Picks (talismandesigns.com).
Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli
Serves: 1⁄2 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomato and boiling water. Let sit for 1 minute to rehydrate. Discard water.
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomato, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper, whisking well.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a day.
From TeaTime March/April 2013