Serves: approximately 40
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons finely crushed freeze-dried strawberries*, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped blanched almonds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup white chocolate melting wafers, melted
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, 3 tablespoons crushed strawberries, almonds, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg with a mixer at high speed until pale yellow and thickened, approximately 5 minutes. With mixer at medium speed, gradually add half of flour mixture, beating just until combined. Scrape sides of bowl. Add remaining flour mixture, beating just until combined. Gradually add melted butter, beating until well blended. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (20-well) mini madeleine pans with baking spray with flour.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon batter into each prepared well. Using an offset spatula, smooth tops of batter.
- Bake until madeleines are lightly golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Dip half of each madeleine diagonally into melted white chocolate. Place on a sheet of parchment paper. Sift remaining 1 tablespoon crushed strawberries through a fine-mesh sieve to lightly dust madeleines. Let stand until set.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!