Toothsome Strawberry-Almond Scones are lovely when served with clotted cream and lemon curd.
- 2¼ cups plus 1 tablespoon bread flour, divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup diced fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2¼ cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and remaining 1 tablespoon flour, tossing to coat. Add strawberries and almonds to flour mixture, stirring gently just until combined. Add yogurt, stirring until a dough begins to form.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently several times until a smooth dough forms. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter, cut 16 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush egg onto tops of scones.
- Bake until scones are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!