The dainty Strawberry Flower Sandwiches are an addictive mixture of jam, fresh fruit, and cream cheese.
Strawberry Flower Sandwiches
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam
- ⅓ cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- 24 slices very thin white bread, frozen
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add strawberry jam, beating until blended. Cover, and refrigerate until chilled and somewhat firm, approximately 4 hours.
- Using a 2¼-inch flower-shaped cutter, cut 24 shapes from frozen bread slices. Using a 1-inch round cutter, cut centers from half of flower shapes. To prevent drying out during thawing and assembly, store bread slices in a resealable plastic bag.
- Transfer cold cream cheese mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip (Wilton #12). Pipe an outline on solid bread flower shapes, and fill in. Top with cut-out bread flower shapes. Fill centers with diced strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Sandwiches can be assembled an hour before serving (minus diced strawberries), covered with damp paper towels, placed in an airtight container, and stored in the refrigerator. Fill centers with diced strawberries just before serving.