These delicious Strawberry, Lavender, and White Chocolate Scones from our Hearts-a-Plentea Tea in the January/February 2017 issue are lovely treat. Pick up your copy today for the complete heart-inspired menu and tea pairings.
Strawberry, Lavender, and White Chocolate Scones
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon dried culinary lavender
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chopped, freeze-dried strawberries, such as Just Strawberries
- 1 (4-ounce) bar white baking chocolate, such as Ghirardelli, chopped
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ⅓ cup sugar, baking powder, lavender, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add strawberries and chocolate, stirring until combined.
- In a liquid-measuring cup, combine cream and vanilla extract, stirring to blend. Add to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to a ½-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter, cut 12 scones from dough. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake scones until edges are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/