Whipped cream flavored with lemon curd makes a delicious filling for Strawberry-Lemon Tarts.
Yield: 8 tarts • Preparation: 45 minutes • Refrigerate: 2 hours • Bake: 7 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd, such as Dickinson’s
- 4 cups whole strawberries
- ⅓ cup strawberry jelly, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 8 rounds from pie dough. Press into 8 (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms, trimming edges of dough as necessary. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Prick bottoms of tarts with a fork before baking.
- Bake until light golden brown, approximately 7 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool completely. Remove tart shells from pans.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl, stir lemon curd vigorously until smooth and creamy. Add whipped cream, folding to incorporate. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Divide chilled mixture among tart shells. Trim stems from strawberries, and cut in half, reserving 8 whole strawberries.
- Place a strawberry half in the center of each tart. Arrange strawberry halves on tarts with points toward center, propping points on center strawberry. Place a whole strawberry in the center. Brush strawberries with melted jelly.
- Serve immediately.
- •Tart shells can be made earlier in the day and stored in an airtight container. Lemon filling can be made a day in advance and refrigerated, covered. Tarts can be assembled an hour in advance, covered lightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerated until needed.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime May/June 2014