These Strawberry & Orange Blossom Scones are full of fruity flavor and perfect for a spring or summer tea.
Strawberry & Orange Blossom Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon orange blossom water
- ½ cup chopped (approximately ½-inch pieces) fresh strawberries, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut cold butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream and orange blossom water. Gradually add enough cream mixture to flour mixture until a dough begins to form, stirring with a fork. Gently stir in strawberries.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently 4 to 5 times. Divide dough in half. Roll or pat half of dough into a 1-inch-thick circle. Using a large sharp knife dipped in flour, cut dough circle into 6 wedges. Repeat process with remaining dough. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bottoms of scones are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!