This Striped Vanilla Bundt Cake is easy to make and delicious.
Striped Vanilla Bundt Cake
Yield: 16 servings
- 1½ cups cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2½ tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Green paste food coloring
- Yellow paste food coloring
- Pink paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 6-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisking well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, beating until blended. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with ½ cup milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and tap on countertop to settle batter and reduce air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes.Turn cake out onto a wire cooling rack, and turn cake right side up. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2½ tablespoons milk, whisking until smooth. Divide mixture into 3 bowls. Using food coloring, tint a portion green, a portion yellow, and a portion pink. Place each color in a piping bag fitted with a medium round piping tip (Wilton #12). Pipe glazes onto cake in stripes.
- Store cake in an airtight container at room temperature until serving time, up to 3 days.