Chopped leeks, mushrooms, and Parmigiano-Reggiano combine in these delicious Stuffed Fingerling Potatoes to create a rich and satisfying treat.
Stuffed Fingerling Potatoes
Yield: 36 potato halves • Preparation: 20 minutes • Bake: 43 minutes • Cook: 12 minutes
Write a review
- 18 fingerling potatoes, varied colors
- ¼ cup brown butter*
- 1 cup finely chopped leek
- 1½ cups finely chopped lobster mushrooms
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scatter potatoes on baking sheet. Bake until tender, approximately 35 minutes. Cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a ⅛-inch-thick shell. Discard pulp of purple potatoes. Mash remaining pulp with a potato masher. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add leek and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables begin to brown, approximately 12 minutes.
- Add reserved mashed potatoes, cream, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, thyme, and pepper. Cook until mixture is heated through. Spoon potato mixture into shells, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, approximately 8 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley leaves, if desired. Serve warm.
- • To make brown butter, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook until butter begins to brown and has a nutty aroma, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and strain, discarding solids. Let sit at room temperature until set, approximately 1 hour.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/