These slightly sweet tea sandwiches are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day you want to say, “I love you.”
Sweet Currant and Cranberry Tea Sandwiches
Yield: approximately 1½ dozen sandwiches • Preparation: 15 minutes
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf sliced pumpernickel bread
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cranberry chutney
- 1 tablespoon tea honey*
- Cut 36 (2¼-inch) squares from bread slices. Discard crusts.
- Using a 1-inch heart-shaped cutter, remove centers from half of bread squares. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, jelly, chutney, and honey. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon on bread squares. Top with squares with centers removed. Serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes, we used Savannah Bee Company Tea Honey, savannahbee.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/