These Tangerine, Tapenade, and Goat Cheese Canapés are full of citrus flavor with orange zest, fresh orange juice, and orange blossom water.
- 1 cup whole, pitted green olives*
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
- 6 slices firm wheat or multigrain sandwich bread
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 24 sections tangerine
- Place olives in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer chopped olives to a small bowl.
- Add parsley, capers, garlic, olive oil, zest, juice, and orange blossom water to olives, stirring to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Using a serrated knife, remove crusts from bread. Cut each slice diagonally into 4 triangles. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and cream, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Divide goat-cheese mixture among bread triangles, spreading to cover. Top each triangle with 1 teaspoon tapenade and a tangerine section. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 hours until ready to serve.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!