Cucumber flowers add a pretty touch to a simple savory in Tarragon & Cucumber Flower Canapés. Tarragon & Cucumber Flower Canapés pictured with Petits Savory Éclairs.
- 3.5 ounces (approximately 7 tablespoons) salted butter*, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread, frozen
- 64 paper-thin slices English cucumber with peel
- Garnish: fresh lemon zest
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, tarragon, vinegar, parsley, lemon zest, and pepper until well blended.
- Using a 1¾-inch square cutter, cut 16 squares from frozen bread, discarding scraps.
- Spread a thin layer of butter mixture onto each bread square. Fold each cucumber slice in half and then in quarters. Pinch the inner fold of each cucumber slice between thumb and forefinger, and place on bread square, green edges up. Repeat 3 times per canapé. Arrange folds to resemble a flower.
- Garnish cucumber flowers with lemon zest in centers, if desired. Cover with damp paper towels, and let bread thaw completely, approximately 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!