- 4 cups water
- 3 slices lemon
- 2 (4-inch) sprigs fresh tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, lemon slices, tarragon sprigs, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat. Add shrimp, and let poach until shrimp are opaque and pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a large bowl filled halfway with ice, and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chopped tarragon, lemon juice, lime juice, celery, shallot, salt, and pepper, whisking well.
- Drain shrimp, and blot dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. Add mayonnaise mixture, pulsing to combine. Transfer mixture to a covered container and refrigerate until very cold, approximately 4 hours.
- Spread shrimp mixture evenly onto 4 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 triangles.
- Serve immediately or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!