By Bruce Richardson
Follow these tips to brew the perfect pot of green tea.
- Fill the kettle with filtered cold water, and heat to less than a boil, approximately 180°.
- Warm a small teapot with hot tap water.
- Discard the water in the teapot.
- Using an infuser basket or tea sack/filter, add 1 rounded teaspoon of dry tea per cup of water to the teapot.
- Pour the water directly from the kettle over the leaves in the teapot.
- Steep for 2 to 4 minutes, according to taste. Remove the wet leaves to prevent overbrewing.
- An exceptional green tea may yield multiple infusions.