Combine two delectable, classic desserts for a treat guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Serves: 1 (9-inch) cheesecake
- 1 (12-ounce) package ladyfingers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons instant espresso powder, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container tiramisu flavored (or plain) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 (1-ounce) squares milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 (1-ounce) squares white chocolate, chopped
- 3 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- Garnish: chocolate covered expresso beans
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Place an ovenproof pan filled with water in bottom of oven.
- In a small bowl, combine lady fingers, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon espresso powder, and butter. Press into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and flour until smooth. Stir in liqueur.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolates into baked crust. Spoon cheesecake mixture evenly into crust. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Cool.
- Chill 2 hours before removing from pan. Spread melted chocolate evenly onto top of cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans, if desired.