Almonds steeped in heavy cream give these Toasted Almond Panna Cotta a rich, exotic flavor.
Toasted Almond Panna Cotta
Yield: 12 panna cotta
Write a review
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package toasted almonds, chopped
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 (½-ounce) envelope plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 waffle crisps
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
- Garnish: fresh raspberries and mint
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine cream and milk, and bring to a boil. As soon as mixture begins to boil, remove from heat, add toasted almonds, and set aside for 20 minutes. Strain cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, and discard almonds.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract to cream mixture, and stir until sugar is dissolved, heating mixture over low heat if necessary. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water, and let soften for 10 minutes. Whisk softened gelatin into cream mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into 12 ramekins; refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm, before serving.
- Invert each panna cotta atop a waffle crisp, then spoon melted raspberry jam over top. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint, if desired.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime January/February 2010