Satisfy your sweet tooth with these delightful toasted pecan pralines.
Toasted Pecan Pralines
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Line 20 wells of a 24-well mini muffin pan with foil baking cups.
- In a heavy-bottom medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cream, butter, and water, stirring to blend. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture registers just below 238° on a candy thermometer. Remove pan from heat, and add pecans, stirring vigorously to cool mixture slightly.
- Working quickly and using a levered 1-tablespoon scoop, divide pecan mixture among prepared wells of mini muffin pan. Let cool completely.
- Store pralines in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Remove from foil baking cups before serving, if desired.
From TeaTime January/February 2016
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!