Flavored by fresh parsley, basil, lime juice, and cherry tomatoes, Tomato & Pesto Crostini is a scrumptious light bite for afternoon tea.
- 1 (8-ounce) baguette, sliced ¼ inch thick (approximately 45 slices)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ ounces fresh baby spinach
- ½ ounce fresh basil leaves
- ½ ounce fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup pomegranate vinaigrette*
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- Garnish: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange baguette slices on prepared baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup oil and chopped parsley. Brush both sides of baguette slices with oil mixture. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Let crostini cool on a wire rack.
- In the container of a blender, process together spinach, basil, parsley, garlic, mustard, lime juice, remaining ½ cup oil, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt to make a smooth pesto.
- Spread pesto onto cooled crostini. Drizzle with pomegranate vinaigrette. Top crostini with tomato slices. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Crostini can be baked a day ahead. Store cooled crostini in airtight containers. Top with pesto, vinaigrette, tomato slices, and parsley just before serving.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!