A delicious cookie crust gives these Tropical Fruit Cookie Tartlets, made with kiwi, pineapple, and oranges, extra flavor.
Tropical Fruit Cookie Tartlets
Yield: 10 tartlets • Preparation: 45 minutes • Bake: 12 minutes
Write a review
- 1 cup whole toasted almonds
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh orange segments
- 2 cups fresh pineapple slices
- 2 cups fresh kiwi slices
- ⅔ cup orange marmalade, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, process almonds until finely ground. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and almond extract, beating at low speed to incorporate. Add flour, beating until incorporated. Add reserved almonds, stirring into dough by hand.
- Divide dough evenly among 10 (4½-x-2½-inch) tartlet pans with removable bottoms. Press dough into bottoms and up sides of pans. Place prepared pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let tartlet shells cool completely on a wire rack. Remove cooled crusts from pans.
- Arrange orange segments, pineapple slices, and kiwi slices in tartlet shells in a shingled fashion, alternating fruit. Brush fruit with melted orange marmalade.
- • Tartlet crusts can be made a week in advance and frozen in an airtight container until needed. Thaw before filling. Once tarts are assembled, they can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours before serving.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/
From TeaTime July/August 2014