Flavored by cardamom, shredded coconut, macadamia nuts, and mango, these delicious Tropical Oatmeal Cookies pair beautifully with a cup of tea. Tropical Oatmeal Cookies pictured with Cranberry-Lime Fruit Bread.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ⅔ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ⅔ cup diced dried sweetened mango
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until incorporated. With mixer running at low speed, add oats, coconut, macadamia nuts, and mango, beating until incorporated.
- Using a levered 1½ tablespoon scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges of cookies are golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks. Let cool completely.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!