Our Tropical Sorbet Spritzer, using fresh lime and kiwi, is a delightful and refreshing beverage that is perfect to serve at an alfresco teatime.
Tropical Sorbet Spritzer
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 13/4 cups peeled and chopped kiwi (from about 6 kiwi)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup prepared tropical fruit green tea*
- ½ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold Champagne, divided
- ½ cup lemon-lime soda
- Garnish: kiwi slices and fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl, mash the zest with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- In a small saucepan over medium- high heat, combine ¾ cup sugar, water, and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the syrup is clear, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, puree the sugared zest, cooled sugar syrup, kiwi, lime juice, and prepared tea. Freeze the kiwi mixture in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place in freezer.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup Champagne. Let soften for 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ¼ cup sugar, remaining Champagne, and soda. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Add warm Champagne mixture to cold gelatin mixture, and whisk to dissolve gelatin.
- Divide the gelatin mixture among 4 (6-ounce) teacups. (Gelatin will be soft.) Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Using a small ice-cream scoop, place 3 scoops of prepared kiwi sorbet into each cup. Garnish with kiwi slices and mint leaves, if desired.
*We used used Mighty Leaf Green Tea Tropical.