Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches
- 4 slices honey wheat bread
- 8 slices smoked turkey
- 1 red apple
- 1 recipe Cranberry Spread (recipe follows)
- 8 leaves baby spinach
- Using a serrated knife, cut and discard crusts from bread slices, creating a perfect 3-inch square. Cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles. Cover bread with damp paper towels to prevent drying out while preparing other ingredients.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut 8 triangles the same size as bread triangles from turkey.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut 8 very thin vertical slices from apple.
- Spread a layer of Cranberry Spread onto each bread triangle. On cranberry side of 8 bread triangles layer a spinach leaf, a turkey slice, and an apple slice. Top each with a remaining bread triangle, cranberry side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
Serves: ½ cup
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce with cranberries
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper, whisking well.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!