These Turkey-Lingonberry Puffs are perfect for autumn afternoon tea menus.
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup diced smoked turkey breast
- ¼ cup stirred lingonberries* or whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Garnish: additional fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Let puff pastry sheets thaw slightly but not completely. (Puff pastry will be easier to work with if it is slightly firm.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cream, garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until well blended.
- Using a 2¾-inch square cutter, cut 18 squares from puff pastry.
- Place approximately ½ teaspoon cream cheese mixture in center of each puff pastry square. Top each with 1 teaspoon turkey and ½ teaspoon lingonberries, and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Fold squares in half diagonally to enclose filling, and crimp edges with the tines of a fork. Place puff triangles 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water, whisking to blend. Brush egg mixture over tops of puffs.
- Garnish tops of puffs with a sprinkle of thyme leaves, if desired.
- Bake until puffs are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
*Jarred lingonberries, stirred with sugar, can be purchased at Walmart.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!