A tasty Mustard-Sage Aïoli adds great flavor to delectable Turkey-Pear Tea Sandwiches. Turkey-Pear Tea Sandwiches pictured with Broccoli-Kale Slaw Phyllo Cups and Smoked Salmon, Corn, and Sun-Dried Tomato Tea Sandwiches.
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 3 large slices roast turkey
- 3 large slices Muenster cheese
- 3 large slices Bartlett pear
- 1 recipe Mustard-Sage Aïoli (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread slices to make each slice a 3-inch square. Cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles.
- Using a bread triangle as a guide, cut 12 triangles each from turkey, cheese, and pear slices.
- Spread a layer of aïoli onto each bread triangle. On 6 bread triangles, layer a turkey triangle, a cheese triangle, and a pear triangle. Cover each with a remaining bread triangle, aïoli side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
- Just before serving, garnish each sandwich with fresh sage leaves, if desired.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustards, and sage, stirring to blend.
- Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for a few hours until needed.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!