These delicious Turkey & Stuffing Canapés are garnished with Pepper & Maple Crème Fraîche and sage.
Turkey & Stuffing Canapés
- ½ pound loaf crusty white bread, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound oven-roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Pepper-Maple Crème Fraîche (recipe follows)
- Garnish: Fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dried out, approximately 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven temperature to 350°. Spray 32 wells of 2 (24-well) mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery, cooking until tender, stirring occa-sionally, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together baked bread cubes, onion mixture, broth, eggs, parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Using a levered 2-tablespoon scoop, divide stuffing mixture among prepared wells of muffin pans. Using the back of the scoop, smooth stuffing mixture to create an even surface. Cover muffin pans with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from muffin pans.
- Place Pepper-Maple Crème Fraîche in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip (Wilton #2A). Pipe a dot on each stuffing canapé.
- Using a 1¼-inch round cutter, cut 32 rounds from turkey slices. Cover crème fraîche dot on each stuffing canapé with a turkey round.
- Pipe a dot of crème fraîche on each turkey round.
- Garnish with sage, if desired. Serve immediately.
Make-Ahead Tip: Bread cubes can be baked a day ahead, cooled completely, and stored in an airtight container. Turkey rounds can be prepared a day ahead, stored in an airtight container, and refrigerated until needed.
Pepper & Maple Crème Fraîche
Makes ½ cup
- 1 (4-ounce) container crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together crème fraîche, syrup, salt, and pepper until well combined and thickened. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.