Flavored with fresh pineapple, cranberry relish, red onion, and turkey, these tasty Turkey Tea Sandwiches are delightful for afternoon tea. Turkey Tea Sandwiches pictured with Roasted Acorn Squash Crostini.
- 1 pound turkey tenderloins
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¾ cup prepared New England cranberry relish
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, frozen
- ¼ cup watercress
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place turkey, onion, and pineapple on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake until a food thermometer inserted in thickest portion of turkey registers 165°, approximately 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Transfer turkey to an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place onion, pineapple, relish, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Using a hand blender, blend mixture until smooth. Transfer relish mixture to an airtight container, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using 2 forks, shred turkey into large pieces.
- Spread a layer of relish mixture onto bread slices. On 4 bread slices, layer watercress and turkey. Cover with remaining bread slices, relish side down.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from bread. Cut each sandwich into 4 (3×1-inch) rectangles. Cover with a damp paper towel, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!