Fresh raspberries and mint complement these tasty Vanilla Bean Pots de Crème.
Vanilla Bean Pots de Crème
Yield: 8 (2.75-ounce) ramekins
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped and reserved
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Garnish: fresh raspberries and mint
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place 8 (2.75-ounce) ramekins in a deep baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and reserved vanilla bean seeds over medium-high heat until very hot. (Bubbles should appear around edges of saucepan.)
- While cream is heating, combine egg yolks, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl, and whisk until light in color. Temper egg yolks by adding a small amount of hot cream, whisking constantly. Continue to add hot cream, whisking constantly. Pour mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Fill baking dish with water halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake until just set, 30 to 35 minutes. (A slight jiggle in the center is fine.) Remove ramekins from water bath, and let cool completely.
- Cover ramekins with plastic wrap, being careful wrap does not touch surface of crème, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint, if desired.
- Serve cold.
Make Ahead-Tip: Vanilla Bean Pots de Crème can be made up to 2 days in advance. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!