These Vanilla Anchor Cookies are perfect for adding a nautical flair to your tablescape.
Vanilla Anchor Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups plus 1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) bottle Wilton Blue Cookie Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line several rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat at high speed with a mixer until light and creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, beating to blend.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2⅓ cups flour and salt, whisking well. Add to butter mixture, beating to blend.
- Using a levered 2-teaspoon scoop, portion dough, and drop into remaining 1½ cups flour to coat. Roll dough between palms of hands to make balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using an anchor cookie stamp, flatten balls and imprint design*.
- Using a 1¾-inch fluted cutter, cut each cookie to neaten and trim edges.
- Bake until edges of cookies are very light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks, and let cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, using cookie icing, paint anchor design. Let dry completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper.
- *We used Rycraft anchor cookie stamp #246, available at cookiestamp.com.
TeaTime Magazine https://www.teatimemagazine.com/