These simple yet flavorful Vegetable-Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches are a delicious savory to serve for afternoon tea. Vegetable-Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches pictured with Blue Cheese-Filet Rose Potato Canapés.
- ⅓ cup diced radish
- ⅓ cup diced green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices very thin white bread, frozen
- In a medium bowl, stir together radishes, bell peppers, carrot, onion, dill, and salt. Add cream cheese, stirring until combined.
- Evenly spread approximately ¼ cup cream cheese mixture onto each of 6 frozen bread slices, leaving a border just inside crust. Cover with remaining bread slices. Using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
Discover more seasonal recipes, table settings, and teatime inspiration by ordering your TeaTime subscription today!